In the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020, Quaid-e-Azam University is ranked among the top 500 universities in the world.
QAO is the only Pakistani university, which is included in the 2020 edition of the annual ranking, 401–500.
This list had 1400 editions from 92 countries in the world. 14 Pakistani universities are listed below.
- Quaid-e-Azam University (401-500)
- Composites University Islamabad (601-800)
- Agricultural University, Faisalabad (801-1000)
- International Islamic University, Islamabad (801-1000)
- Lahore University of Management Sciences (801-1000)
- National University of Science and Technology (801-1000)
- University of the Punjab (801-1000)
- Bahauddin Zakaria University (1001+)
- University of Engineering & Technology, Lahore (1001+)
- Government College University, Lahore (1001+)
- University of Peshawar (1001+)
- PMA Ariz Agricultural University Rawalpindi (1001+)
- Sargodha University (1001+)
- University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore (1001+)
Ranked fourth in the UK for the fourth consecutive year at Oxford University. The California Institute of Technology has improved its ranking to occupy the second spot. Cambridge University is ranked third, while Stanford University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology are fourth and fifth, respectively.
Despite international sanctions, Iran has shown significant improvement in the field of higher education as its universities outperform countries such as Australia, France, Russia and Taiwan, with a ranking of 40 universities.